Saturday, April 19, 2008

VROC - Don VSP Little Dragon

Pics are from top to bottom, text for a pic is under the pic, click on a pic for a larger pick...

See Don VSP blog: http://2008norcal.blogspot.com/2008/04/2008-apr-19-little-dragon.html

This was supposed to be Top Dawg Little Dragon ride but he had some honey do's on the wrong coast, so Don VSP filled in for him! GBG I'm glad he did as I always wanted to do this run.

This was my first good ride since my "get off" and I was looking forward to it! Total ride for me turned out to be 330 miles.

Weather last week was fantastic!!! This am it was low 40s, sigh, the wind out 152 and Los Banos was horrific, I'm talking almost lane changing winds! And it was nippy, but by time we got to Atwater, it turned out nice!




That's Don, Uwe, Paul, and I'm not going to try Uwe's wifes name, sorry I forgot for the 4th time, sigh...

So we meet in Atwater at McD's Paul "Happy Wanderer" led us right to it and I said no, this ain't the place. The street addresses were F!#*)$!#_*$ 'd up!!! Two blocks back the numbers indicated we were 10 blocks from the spot.... 2 blocks later.... we turned around and came back, sigh....

Don finally beeped his horn about 1100 and we chatted a bit ... and off we went..



Our first stop a few miles out of town, to get gas and pit stop, last chance for a while.


Don checking something in his scoot..


We get to the lookout at the top of the little dragon, it appeared that there were 4 levels going down....


Here's a shot of everyone looking at the view..


Everyone saying oooohhhhhh, aaaahhhhhh!!! GBG I wonder if they needed a road or if a closet motorcycle rider was the designer, because the road was made for scoots!!! Nice road!


So here we are in the big town of Coulterville... the entire intersection !!! GBG The Hotel... and from what I could see, the most prominent part of the "intersection"!


We weren't the only bikers there...


Streetcar named... naaaahhhhh.... afterwards..... the little caboose... GBSEG


Main street........


Parked by the Hotel, in front of a park and of course some rest rooms...us ol' folks... just gotta go..


The story of Coulterville...


We finally make it to Modesto's lunch stop, Docs Q and Pit, always great stuff! Don knows the best places!!! And yes Sherm he took pics of the food, you'll have to look at his blog, I was eating, as you can see, when finally got his camera, I had been already at "work"!!!


John "Nomad42" met us at Docs, front and left, he drove there in the Batmobile, as he calls it!


Givin' this lady ORDERS!!! And DO NOT go past MILD on the sauce unless you taste it first!!!

The Ol' Cranky dude had to get in one of the pics, John took it. I gotta tell Ya, it was nice to get out!!! I needed this, a bit slow, cautious, new bike to me, been a few months... but I don't know how I could give this up!

Great day, folks, sights, food, OK, have to have one gripe, the stinking wind, wow!!! GBG I know it's not possible, but the damn stuff was always at our side or face!!!

All the way to Atwater, then it got nice, got a bit breezy heading back towards Modesto, but coming out of Modesto west... WOW!!! We're talking lane changing power, shakin' you up!!!

I had it all the way; back to Milpitas then it slowed down to 15 to 20 mph gusts. I still have a sweatshirt on trying to get warm!!

Life is good: On the road again, can't wait to get on the road again.... Sing it Willy!!!!

No comments: